On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 12:59 AM, Abdussalam Baryun
<abdussalambar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>Yes, you've brought that to our attention several times. If you wanted this
>>spec to align with your software, it would have been much easier if you'd got
>>involved before Last Call.
>
> Why is it called <Last Call> if we don't accept any new input (e.g.,
> draft-ietf-appsawg-json-pointer-07) . Why do we call RFC <Request For
> Comment> if we don't want people to comment on (e.g. RFC2119).
>
> We SHOULD discuss any input any time, thank the participant, and
> accept only consensus on each input at any phase of time.

This is true, and a timing objection is a pretty low-quality response
to a substantive issue. This particular timing objection is also
somewhat misleading, since it looks like more than one person provided
this feedback prior to IETF Last Call without receiving a response:
<http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/apps-discuss/current/msg08531.html>.
My message on the matter was sent on December 3rd, 2012.

- Rob