On 3/18/2013 5:04 PM, SM wrote:

At 13:49 18-03-2013, Spencer Dawkins wrote:
There are dots, and then there are dots. The one I'd like to see
continued the most is the orange dot, for Nomcom members. We choose
the voting members at random out of a volunteer pool, with some
qualifications but not a lot, for a specific duration. Perhaps there's
value in helping the community identify Nomcom members quickly during
breaks, etc.

Did you need to look for the NomCom dot to identify NomCom members? :-)

Hi, SM,

Not me, even when I don't recognize half the names of voting members, because I "identify NomCom members" by sending a request for an interview slot (and I'm remembering that these are 30 minutes long), so everyone in the room when I arrive is a NomCom member ;-)

That's OK for people who can provide input on lots of people - I do - but doesn't scale for people who just want to provide input on a couple of people they've worked with, who are willing nominees for a NomCom-selected position. Grabbing someone who has to listen because they're chewing a cookie can be enough, sometimes!

Spencer