On 5/21/13 8:06 AM, John C Klensin wrote:

   All I'm asking for is that, if you
want this as a Proposed Standard you carefully and convincingly
describe your design rationale.  I want that both because it
seems generally appropriate in this case and because, if someone
comes along and wants to register the EUI64-with-embedding or
EUI-with-48-64-switch RRTYPEs and there is pushback because
EUI48 and EUI64 are already registered,
It seems like we're still re-arguing the assignment of the rr-types. It doesn't seem like future assignments are likely to have anymore pushback than present.

With respect to the question of proposed standard. What changes if the requested status is informational?