The bad things that happen in Argentina financially affect only
Argentinians. I'm not saying this is a good thing overall, just saying
that this isn't a problem for tourists and certainly won't be a problem
for IETFers.

Probably these financial 'issues' will even affect positively the
conference's bottom line, as everything is very cheap when priced in
dollars.

If you take a stroll through downtown Buenos Aires today, you'll listen
to many different languages. The place is packed with foreigners, as the
food is great, the city is very nice and everything appears very cheap.

cheers!

~Carlos