PDFs of all received BoF posters have been uploaded to the Meeting Materials
page for those who are interested:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/87/materials.html.

Regards,
Alexa

On Jul 26, 2013, at 3:36 AM, Benoit Claise wrote:

> John,
>>
>> --On Wednesday, July 24, 2013 09:22 +0300 IETF Chair
>> <ch...@ietf.org> wrote:
>>
>>> I wanted to let you know about an experiment we are trying out
>>> in Berlin.
>>> But we want as many people as possible to become involved in
>>> these efforts, or at least provide their feedback during the
>>> week. So we have given an opportunity for the BOFs to display
>>> a poster in the Welcome Reception (Sunday 5pm to 7pm). If you
>>> are attending the reception, take a look at the posters and
>>> look for topics that interest you. Someone running the BOF is
>>> also likely standing by, so you can also get directly involved
>>> in discussions, sign up to help, etc. We hope that this helps
>>> you all network with others even more :-)
>> In the interest of encouraging remote participation and
>> involvement in those BOFs, could these posters be made available
>> online before the reception?
> I'm not sure that those posters will/should contain more information than
> what http://trac.tools.ietf.org/bof/trac/wiki contains.
> So I'm questioning whether making those posters available online before the
> meeting, or even in the meeting minutes (to answer your next question) is
> that useful.
>
> Let me explain what the targeted audience is for those posters.
> It's not intended for the people who know about a specific BoF and plan on
> participating.
> It's intended for people who have not prepared for a specific BoF, but just
> come to listen to it, and in the end, go to mic. to provide some useful
> feedback: "pay attention to this!", "similar work was done ...", "don't
> forget that ...", "don't forget OPS" ;-)
>
> Talking about my experience now, it's only now that I'm an IESG member that I
> know what the BoFs are about before the IETF week. In the past, I would look
> at the agenda early in the week, and based on the BoF name/acronym (yes,
> nothing more), I would decide to attend a specific BoF. However, if I would
> discuss the BoF topic for just a minute or two, I could quickly decide
> whether I'm interested and whether I could add some value to a BoF. This
> discussion generally took place at the welcome reception. This is "this
> minute or two discussion" that posters at the welcome reception should
> facilitate, thanks to the person standing next to the poster.
>
> Sure, everything is on the web, or sent to a mailing list, but we have way
> too many emails already.
>
> Regards, Benoit
>> Will they eventually be
>> incorporated into the minutes?
>>
>> And, incidentally, is there a way for remote participants to
>> sign up for one or both meeting-related mailing lists without
>> registering (or using a "remote participation registration"
>> mechanism, which would be my preference for other reasons)?
>>
>> thanks,
>>    john

Alexa Morris / Executive Director / IETF
48377 Fremont Blvd., Suite 117, Fremont, CA  94538
Phone: +1.510.492.4089 / Fax: +1.510.492.4001
Email: amor...@amsl.com

Managed by Association Management Solutions (AMS)
Forum Management, Meeting and Event Planning
www.amsl.com <http://www.amsl.com/>