Hi David,
At 16:10 06-09-2013, David Morris wrote:
Seriously though, NSA makes a nice villan, but much of our hardware is
manufactured in counties with fewer restraints than the NSA when it
comes the right to privacy, etc. Wouldn't suprise me that my major
brand router has sniffers from more than one country's security agency.

The right to privacy is mentioned in the above. From http://www.europarl.europa.eu/sides/getDoc.do?type=MOTION&reference=B7-2013-0342&language=EN

  "whereas the US legal system does not ensure the protection of non-US
   citizens, such as EU citizens; whereas, for instance, the protection
   provided by the Fourth Amendment applies only to US citizens and not
   to EU citizens or other non-US citizens;"

There aren't any villains in all this. There is a question of whether the company taking the data will value each of its customers equably when it comes to privacy. It doesn't seem so.

Regards,
-sm