---- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Barnes" <r...@ipv.sx>
To: "Peter Saint-Andre" <stpe...@stpeter.im>
Cc: <ietf@ietf.org>
Sent: Monday, September 09, 2013 6:14 PM

> It also makes it obvious to everyone that Peter is using PGP.  Which
serves
> a pedagogical function, I guess. :)

It also means I can readily view his e-mails, which may or may not be a
good thing.

With multipart/signed; micalg=pgp-sha1, on my MUA, the body of the
e-mail displays as a blank page and I have to undertake several
contortions in order to view the text, which I usually do not bother
with, relying on a later reply which is not multipart/signed which
includes the text in question which then displays as usual.

Could be worse (or better); with multipart/signed;
protocol="application/pkcs7-signature";
I get an invitation to "Continue" which doesn't, probably because I
won't allow my MUA to process html except as plain text (for reasons of
security, of course; html has far too many attack vectors to allow it to
be processed in e-mail)

Tom Petch