Dear All,

While generating the .inp file (attached) of a GeSn DFT structure from a .cif
file (attached), I noticed some anomalies in the feff path calculation.
In this specific case, we should expect Sn to have 4 nearest neighbors in the
first shell. However, when the absorbing (Sn) atom is located on the edge of
the supercell,  the number of nearest neighbors is reduced to 2, which is
non-physical.

The DFT structure was generated with periodic boundary conditions (PBC). My
question is the following:
Is it possible to incorporate the PBC in the feff calculation process to
generate the right scattering paths, especially for atoms absorbers located on
the edge of the supercell?
I wanted to know if there are any option in larch to deal with this specific
case.

I am attaching the .cif and the current .inp files that I obtained of GeSn
structure.

Thank you so much for your help.
Best regards,
Dr. Anis Attiaoui,