________________________________
From: Christopher Patridge via Ifeffit <ifeffit@millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov>
Sent: Wednesday, September 4, 2024 2:00 PM
To: XAFS Analysis using Ifeffit <ifeffit@millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov>
Cc: Christopher Patridge <patri...@buffalo.edu>

This Message Is From an External Sender

Thanks for the information.  I apologize if this is a one-off situation but I
recently returned to some XANES calculations in Feff and noted that the
Webatoms link stopped working.  Would these Argonne change prevent access to
the Webatoms like the hyperlink that Bruce Ravel has
https://urldefense.us/v3/__http://millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/webatoms/__;!!G_uCfscf7eWS!YuZ2y0nxkvdnPQ7rBdIHiNjAoaN0RbWf_h15ZUCrafnxFCIfxd91hKHNnNCcPRnVUHMSV4zmT2j2c37tS9zZWefZUAR9WomFhfTA3qI$

<https://urldefense.us/v3/__http://millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/webatoms/__;!!G_uCfscf7eWS!b58nhCAItwj3aeUVit764sZVSzfzbg-3Yo_RuaaU0RCs81-tv3u4Vi34mBFSkzCbqva5SI202KLW8fCxW7IaTfplXf7ISdR92r4$>

thanks for any insights,
Chris

On Sep 4, 2024, at 2:29 PM, Matthew Newville via Ifeffit
<ifeffit@millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov<mailto:ifeffit@millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov>>
wrote:

This Message Is From an External Sender
Hi Folks,

We needed to upgrade the operating system on the machine running this mailing
list late last week.  That went well, but part of that process involved
upgrading the "mailman" software used for this mailing list to the latest
version.  That upgrade was long overdue (the web pages looked 20 years old
because they were) but was also fairly involved.  Fortunately, we have great
support in our group, and the new mailing list should be running smoothly (if
you get this email, that is).

A consequence of this change is that many of the links for the mailing list
have changed.  With recent changes in Argonne National Lab policies, URLs in
emails get mangled to have
"https://urldefense.us/v3/__https://urldefense.us/v3__;!!G_uCfscf7eWS!YuZ2y0nxkvdnPQ7rBdIHiNjAoaN0RbWf_h15ZUCrafnxFCIfxd91hKHNnNCcPRnVUHMSV4zmT2j2c37tS9zZWefZUAR9WomFDayMt8g$

"<https://urldefense.us/v3/__https://urldefense.us/v3*22__;JQ!!G_uCfscf7eWS!e6kk3JZ9DnLaioi1oPU0GgwnzWA01PXIpUxywP32XJFMB_5I6ZqrYSx-ClTE-EBZPk3LWtlim31oCyJ3iQDYfwYoMmbxxj0MLM9SOhQ$>
 prefixes. So I apologize for the ugly and long following links:

The Main page for this list is at
https://urldefense.us/v3/__https://millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/mailman3/lists/ifeffit.millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/__;!!G_uCfscf7eWS!YuZ2y0nxkvdnPQ7rBdIHiNjAoaN0RbWf_h15ZUCrafnxFCIfxd91hKHNnNCcPRnVUHMSV4zmT2j2c37tS9zZWefZUAR9WomFL0xqRgI$

<https://urldefense.us/v3/__https://millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/mailman3/lists/ifeffit.millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/__;!!G_uCfscf7eWS!e6kk3JZ9DnLaioi1oPU0GgwnzWA01PXIpUxywP32XJFMB_5I6ZqrYSx-ClTE-EBZPk3LWtlim31oCyJ3iQDYfwYoMmbxxj0MrLOJt78$>

If you had a password for the older list, this did not get moved over. If you
want to change your setting, you can just use "Forgot Password" to sign in.

The Archives are now at
https://urldefense.us/v3/__https://millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/archives/list/ifeffit@millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/__;!!G_uCfscf7eWS!YuZ2y0nxkvdnPQ7rBdIHiNjAoaN0RbWf_h15ZUCrafnxFCIfxd91hKHNnNCcPRnVUHMSV4zmT2j2c37tS9zZWefZUAR9WomFcFEBSuc$

<https://urldefense.us/v3/__https://millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/archives/list/ifeffit@millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/__;!!G_uCfscf7eWS!e6kk3JZ9DnLaioi1oPU0GgwnzWA01PXIpUxywP32XJFMB_5I6ZqrYSx-ClTE-EBZPk3LWtlim31oCyJ3iQDYfwYoMmbxxj0M4LAjfFM$>
This is a completely new archive format, but the translation (of about ~10,500
messages) worked reasonably well.

Existing links to any older message should redirect to the "top level
archiive": we did not try map old message links to new ones or fix any broken
links.

In addition, the archives at
https://urldefense.us/v3/__https://www.mail-archive.com/ifeffit@millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/maillist.html__;!!G_uCfscf7eWS!YuZ2y0nxkvdnPQ7rBdIHiNjAoaN0RbWf_h15ZUCrafnxFCIfxd91hKHNnNCcPRnVUHMSV4zmT2j2c37tS9zZWefZUAR9WomFKU2DH4c$

<https://urldefense.us/v3/__https://www.mail-archive.com/ifeffit@millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/maillist.html__;!!G_uCfscf7eWS!e6kk3JZ9DnLaioi1oPU0GgwnzWA01PXIpUxywP32XJFMB_5I6ZqrYSx-ClTE-EBZPk3LWtlim31oCyJ3iQDYfwYoMmbxxj0M9RoZIpk$>
 should also still works.

--Matt