Hi All

Long-term lurker, first time poster.

I've
recently
collected some EXAFS data with a large edge step (~3.4) and for some reason
didn't pick up on it until it was too late.  I've been told that ideally we
would want an edge step of 1 and anything above ~1.5-2 is too high.  I'm
wondering if there is a way to salvage the dataset in order to compare it with
EXAFS data that I collected from two other samples (all three are
supposed to be synthetic goethite).  The first two samples that I want to
compare have
edge steps of
about 0.35.

I know Athena allows one to adjust the edge step but wonder how appropriate
this is and how much change this would cause the EXAFS data?  Trying to adjust
the edge step from 3.4 down to ~1 or so seems to be quite a jump.  I'm curious
whether there is a way to salvage this data
rather than wait until the next
beamrun.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers