From: ifeffit-boun...@millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov on behalf of m...@udel.edu
Sent: Fri 12/19/2008 4:20 PM
To: ifeffit@millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov
Subject: [Ifeffit] How to identify N and O atoms in the first coordinate

Hello all,
  Merry Christmas!
  I have some samples of heavy metal sorption on bacterial biofilm. I want to
figure out what elements are coordinated with the heavy metal in the first
coordinate. Since the oxygen and nitrogen have similar scattering factors, how
can I differetiate them? Using shell-by-shell fitting or linear combination
fitting with standards? Thanks.

Best wishes,

Mengqiang Zhu

Mengqiang Zhu