Hi Carl,

You can always use symmetry P1 and specify every atom in the unit cell
in the atoms input.

That can be tedious for a large unit cell, but is achievable.

-R.

On 10/31/2013 11:09 AM, Carl Brozek wrote:
dear listhost,

I would like to use Artemis/Atoms to simulate EXAFS of a crystalline material with significant defects that include additional atoms to the unit cell.

Can I simulate this material without making a new cif file? Ideally, I would be able to input a DFT-optimized model cluster as xyz coordinates only -- no crystallographic information.

This problem seems analogous to modeling discrete molecules. Can molecules be simulated by atoms/artemis? I know FEFF is capable of this, but I would like to use atoms for making my input file for feff.

Carl

--
PhD Candidate | Chemistry | MIT
SB | 2010 | University of Chicago