That sounds like an interesting talk.  Is it available?
        mam

On 6/12/2014 7:07 AM, Stefanie Roese wrote:
Dear all,
I am performing XANES calculations for silver clusters with FEFF. Aditional to my XANES
results, I would like to get information about the participating scattering paths and how
they influence my spectra. In detail I want to get the same pictures that Bruce ravel
used in his talk "a practical introduction to multiple scattering theory" from
page 11. I have performed calculations for XANES using the rpath algorithm to obtain the
feffnnnn.dat files. I already checked, that the course of the rpath spectra  agrees to
the fms calculations in ordner to make sure that the algorithm converged.

But now I fail at getting the plots with the Energy at the x-axis and the
normailzed mu at the y-axis likle Bruce did it in his talk. Which program was
used there? Athena? And how can I get the energy/mu-information out of my
feffnnn.dat files to compare to the total spectrum? I think I am quite close to
the solution, but it does not work.

Thanks in advance for every help!
Steffi