Just opening the file.txt in wordpad, and saving is enough to avoid that message
when importing.

-R.

On 4/8/2015 9:43 AM, Bruce Ravel wrote:
On 04/08/2015 10:15 AM, Zimina, Anna (IKFT) wrote:
When I try to import the attached file.txt, the warning message appears
(see screenshot.png). After clicking OK the file is imported.

The log file (dathena.log) and the message (log.txt) are attached.

When Athena is given a file, it runs a sequence of tests to try to
figure out what kind of file it is looking.  For example, it tries to
recognize an Athena project file and interpret it as such before
trying to interpret the file as column data.  File name and extension
is not a reliable way to do this, so it examines the content of the
file.

Your file is confusing one of the tests.  It's easily fixable.  I will
push a solution to github shortly and include the fix in the next
installer release.

So, what's the problem with your file?  Well, yours is a rather
strange one for the year 2015.  The newline character used is CR,
which is what was used by Mac OS9 and a few operating systems that
were common in the 1980s.  Pretty uncommon kind of file these days.
To be honest, I am pleasantly surprised that Athena reads it correctly
at all.

In fact, the test that gives that error message is something I wrote a
few weeks ago.  I certainly did not test it against a file with CR
line termination.

Until I make a new installer (which won't be for several weeks -- I am
just about to go on travel), you have a couple of options.  One is to
simply live with the error message and click the box away. Annoying,
but serviceable.  The other is to run your data files through some
kind of filter that changes the end-of-line character.  Searching
Google for "convert CR to CRLF" turns up several possibilities.

HTH,

Dr. Robert Gordon
9700 S Cass Ave. 435E
Argonne, IL, USA  60439