On 07/14/2015 10:18 AM, Neeb, Matthias wrote:
I have a standard exafs  spectrum of copper K-shell and everything
  looks as expected (Chi(E), Chi(k), Chi(R), Chi(q) …) when using
Demeter 0.9.21 .

However the phase spectrum of (Chi(q))  appears quite different to
literature (e.g. B.K. Teo, Inorganic Chemistry Concepts 9; Martens et
al, PRB 17, p1481 (1979),  i.e. positive slope, a factor of ~10 larger
values on y-axis.

Any reason why? Thanks for your answer in advance.

I imagine that the reason no one has attempted an answer to your
question is because it is not clear what your problem is.  You did not
provide a picture to help explain the problem, you did not you provide
data or an Athena project file.  So I don't know what you are looking
at, although I suppose it has something to do with figure 1 in the
Martens paper.  Vague, open-ended questions tend not to get prompt,
useful answers.

That said, I can venture a few guesses.  Some possibilities:

 1. Is the k-weighting different?

 2. Are you comparing the real part of chi(q) to the real part of
    chi(q)?  Or imaginary to imaginary?

 3. The Fourier transforms in EXAFS are complex transforms.  chi(k) is
    a real measurement.  A decision has to be made about whether the
    chi(k) measurement occupies the real or imaginary part of the
    function that is transformed.  I do not know which convention
    Martens used.  In 1979, that convention may not have been
    established yet, but it certainly is in Ifeffit, Larch, and
    Demeter.  The different convention would result in phase shifts.

 Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS-II
 Building 535A
 Upton NY, 11973