Hi Logan,

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 5:26 PM, Logan Giles <gile...@slac.stanford.edu>
wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I am running Demeter 0.9.22 and trying import recent SSRL Binary files. I
> have the SSRL plugins enabled as well. The problem is when I try to import
> binary files, the program crashes.
>
> It seems that something might have changed recently in SSRL BL 7-3 files
> because I can import July 2013 files but not July 2015. I have attached a
> NaMoO4 sweep at the Mo K-edge from each run for your testing. Immediately
> after trying to import the binary July 2015 files, the program immediately
> crashes and exits. The July 2013 binary opens right up.
>
> When I look at the dathena.log file for the "2015 crash", everything looks
> normal until the end:
>
> "Demeter version 0.9.22
>
> At line 316 of file iff_rddata.fFortran runtime error: End of record"
>
> Also, when I try to import the ascii files of the July 2013 or July 2015
> data, I get an error as well, but the same error. I can fix this by
> changing two of the blank rows, which are the column labels for the data,
> to "BLANK" or something. I have attached these unedited ascii files as
> well, but I am more concerned with my binary problem. The reason for this
> is that I was recently sent some other SSRL binary files without their
> corresponding ascii files that also crash.
>
> Let me know that you think, or if you can reproduce the error in trying to
> import the binary files.

Thanks for your assistance and best regards,

Did you enable the SSRLB file plugin?  From the Main Window top drop down
list, the 2nd from the bottom choice is "Plugin Registry".  There are
plugins for SSRL ASCII and SSRL Binary files, and several others.

If I do that, I *can* read in the 2015 Binary file.
HTH,

 --Matt