Hi George,

Sorry for the trouble.  I think a fresh install is not the only option, but
it might be the simplest ;).  It seems there were some challenges with
using conda to update, including that it sometimes just seems to take
forever.   I'm not sure what to do about that.

I think pip install should work, but you may need to manually blow away
some of the installed folders in "python3.7/site-packages", as there can be
confusion about where the newly installed packages go based on the
installation method (that this, there might be a folder called 'larch' and
there might be one called 'xraylarch-0.9.45-py3.7.egg', and similarly for
other packages.   You could just blow away (a partial list, and maybe not
exhaustive, but ones that I know were changed between 0.9.45. and 0.947 and
potentially causing confusion), these folders under
python3.7/site-packages/  in your installation:
       larch
       xraylarch*
       pyepics*
       epics
       pyshortcuts*
       wxmplot*
       lmfit*
       silx*
       uncertainties*

Then a fresh `pip install xraylarch` should work.  If you try that and
still run into problems, please let me know what you see.

--Matt