Hi Folks,

Larch version 0.9.60 has been released.  It should now be installed by
default using all installation mechanisms, and you should see a notice to
update, perhaps the next time you run  XAS Viewer.

There are several bug fixes and feature improvements in XAS Viewer. This
version also adds some important new features to XAS Viewer and Larch.
These are described in a bit more detail at
https://github.com/xraypy/xraylarch/releases/tag/0.9.60
Briefly, the new features for XAS Viewer are:

1. Each data "Group" has a processing Journal, with a time-stamped history
of processing events.  This will document the main processing steps.

2. Many preferences for XAS Viewer can now be set program-wide and saved
for future sessions. Copying processing parameters between groups now works
better.

3.  A Session or Project file can now be saved at any time. This will
contain all the arrays for a Group and also include fitting models and
per-group fit histories for Pre-edge Peaks, Linear-Combination analyses,
Feff-fitting (including Feff Paths), and so on.  These Session files can be
read back in and fit models and histories are restored in XAS Viewer. That
is, these files are intended to be suitable for exchanging by email and
archiving, etc.  Session files are also "auto-saved" periodically and can
be used to recover the last session on startup.

There are several changes here.  I'm confident with the basic functionality
and have been testing myself on all platforms.  But GUI actions are hard to
test thoroughly, so it is reasonable to expect some new bugs or
misfeatures.  With upcoming workshops in July, I expect to need a release
focused on bug and feature fixes in about a month.  So, I hope you will be
able to test and make any suggestions, comments, or error reports.

Cheers,
--Matt

PS: For Python users, all of Python 3.7, 3.8, 3.9, and 3.10 should work,
though the main installers are still using either Python 3.8 or Python 3.9.