Thank you, Robert, Matthew, Jeff, Kirill, Terry and Sirine for great
suggestions.

I initially thought that the explanation for the linearity or the transmission
signal is a superposition of two opposite trends: 1) increase of flux with
energy due to the mirror effect and 2) similar decrease with energy due to the
photon removal by first effect in the I0 detector. But I did not look into the
main reason for the curving up of the I0 signal and I agree it is not a result
of the reflectivity. I fill follow up on all suggestions, and, if something
more definitive transpires, will report back.

Thanks again for your time and advice!

Anatoly