Fe2+ is notoriously sensitive. I think TiCl4 (a liquid) is used to test dryboxes because it hydrolyzes easily with production of white smoke if exposed to water vapor. If a small amount of this were mixed into a degassed binder, its XANES would
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
This Message Is From an External Sender

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd
Fe2+ is notoriously sensitive.  I think TiCl4 (a liquid) is used to test dryboxes because
it hydrolyzes easily with production of white smoke if exposed to water vapor.  If a small
amount of this were mixed into a degassed binder, its XANES would presumably show the
effect of hydrolysis.  As has been mentioned, Li-containing materials such as Li2FePO4
are sensitive.  Removing the Li by oxidation or hydrolysis would cause the Fe to oxidize
to Fe3+.

Sincerely,
     Matthew Marcus