1st NNa    0.220 0.000 0.000   * 1st nns at 2.2 Angstroms away
1stNNb     0.000 0.220 0.000
1stNNc     0.000 0.000 0.220
1stNNd    -0.220 0.000 0.000
etc...

I've used this for modelling molecules, surfaces (with deposited films) as well as 3D crystals. It is a bit of brute force, but should work in any crystal visualization program...

cheers,
-R.

On 2024-06-27 8:47 a.m., Lisa Langlois wrote:
Hello XAFS friends. I would like to know how to create a structure model for a molecule that was measured with EXAFS, then modeled using the typical strategies? - So, in the end you have some distances and bond angles from the central atom
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
This Message Is From an External Sender
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd
Hello XAFS friends.
I would like to know how to create a structure model for a molecule that was measured with EXAFS, then modeled using the typical strategies? - So, in the end you have some distances and bond angles from the central atom to the first, and maybe second neighbor. I was thinking that you start from a similar crystal structure and then adapt that model using the numbers you got from EXAFS fitting, using for example the Vesta program.
Best wishes,
Lisa.

Lisa Langlois, PhD
Beamline scientist
Rm 144
Phone: +1 225-578-9341
LSU-CAMD
6980 Jefferson Hwy, Baton Rouge, LA 70806
https://urldefense.us/v3/__https://www.lsu.edu/camd/__;!!G_uCfscf7eWS!adSZ4sHA8byCkOfShCHzcW74WyU0H6o7rU0TxK3QcubyRZDqNKZpdBzjVFMGESf2GKkBaIM0EADYAyPItgUzyhGdktPNXlxe3UV_DtM$ <https://urldefense.us/v3/__https://www.lsu.edu/camd/__;!!G_uCfscf7eWS!ZSSymm0X5ksarDJn8UNB8Tt2tF7u7xM6wnm2HVCWN5iFuxahFWuv7xsxAJun8k_aQQEKpJXyy05kTcE7dhG7uyMkVxQ12lnF$>