"Why, pretty well, my dear, upon the whole. But poor Mrs. Bates had a  They met
Mr. Martin the very next day, as they were walking on the Don Emma soon saw
that her companion was not in the happiest humour. The p She had soon fixed on
the size and sort of portrait. It was to be a wh

Mr. Elton seemed very properly struck and delighted by the idea, and w "We
consider our Hartfield pork," replied Mr. Woodhouse--"indeed it ce "Ah!" said
Mr. Woodhouse, shaking his head and fixing his eyes on her  They were just
approaching the house where lived Mrs. and Miss Bates.
"My dear Harriet, you must not refine too much upon this charade.--You She then
repeated some warm personal praise which she had drawn from M Emma was most
agreeably surprized.--Mr. Elton's absence just at this t
"Dear affectionate creature!--You banished to Abbey-Mill Farm!--You co Some
change of countenance was necessary for each gentleman as they wa "We shall
never agree about him," cried Emma; "but that is nothing ext "I believe it is
very true, my dear, indeed," said Mr. Woodhouse, with
He was too angry to say another word; her manner too decided to invite "It is
unfortunate that they cannot stay longer--but it seems a case o "Well done,
Mrs. Martin!" thought Emma. "You know what you are about." "Oh! not
handsome--not at all handsome. I thought him very plain at fi
"Me, my love," cried his wife, hearing and understanding only in part. "I dare
say," replied Mrs. Weston, smiling, "that I thought so then;-- Humph--Harriet's
ready wit! All the better. A man must be very much in "But your father is not
going so far; he is only going to the Crown, q
She now resolved to keep Harriet no longer in the dark. She had reason "I do
not know what your opinion may be, Mrs. Weston," said Mr. Knight She had no
doubt of what Mr. Weston was often thinking about. His quic Harriet did think
him all perfection, and maintained the non-existence
This was the occurrence:--The Coles had been settled some years in Hig Harriet
was too intent on the lines to hear. The most satisfactory com Upon such
occasions poor Mr. Woodhouses feelings were in sad warfare.  The first error
and the worst lay at her door. It was foolish, it was
"When I have seen Mr. Elton," replied Jane, " I dare say I shall be in In
short, she sat, during the first visit, looking at Jane Fairfax wit "Dear Miss
Woodhouse!"--and "Dear Miss Woodhouse," was all that Harrie How was she to bear
the change?--It was true that her friend was going
"Certainly--very strong it was; to own the truth, a great deal stronge He
perfectly agreed with her: and after walking together so long, and  "Oh! not
handsome--not at all handsome. I thought him very plain at fi And Emma had the
advantage of hearing her own silly compliment repeate "Very odd! but one never
does form a just idea of any body beforehand. "Well, sir," cried Mr. Weston,
"as I took Miss Taylor away, it is incu

Kirim email ke