At 09:59 PM 11/23/1999 -0600, Joseph D Santucci wrote:

>Everybody have themselves a great Thanksgiving Holiday. I'm back on the road
>and will be going out on GLME in the AM. Just another day on the CNIC.
>Hopefully, Steak n Shake will serve turkey steak burgers tomorrow evening.
>Everybody have an extra helping and an extra holiday drink too. On me!
>
>Who knows, by the time I get back I might have another Hot times primed and
>poised to run.
>
>Tuch

I don't know if Steak 'n' Shake is open on Thanksgiving Day.   Back in
neolithic times (the '60s) they closed for just two holidays, Thanksgiving
and Christmas.

I saw you waiting on GLME-25 at Homewood for GLCE-25 to go by.  I grabbed
the numbers on the BRC GP38-2s (491, 495 and 494) that were behind the
power, but forgot to run computer traces on 'em.

It was rather quiet on Desk 4.  I came to work and Fulton was suffering
from yard congestion.  Between Brazil and Swan Lake on the Yazoo District,
the track men had to repair a broken rail.  I02-25 had to set out a 5-pack
at Woodstock because the slack adjuster wouldn't let the brakes release.
MEBR 25 made a photo-finish at Jackson right at 2000, his hours of service.
 I put P058-25 in the siding at Valley in order to keep MEBR going.  It was
a "slide-by" meet, with hardly any delay on Amtrak.

Terry.

 This is the Illiana Railroad Discussion List.
 For more info visit http://www.railcenter.com/illiana