Driving north on Thursday morn to the in-laws I too spied the RELCO unit
tucked in behind a pair of SD70s on a NB IC at about Gilman.  Since I was
pacing it on I-57 I didn't get a good look, other than it was not black
and looked quite a bit smaller than the 70s.

Today myself and the 3-foot clone managed to get up on the BNSF Racetrack
to check out the post Turkey Day rush.  Stuck in the middle of a 3-unit
lashup on an EB stacker was MRL 1701, a former WC SD45 looking really
ugly with it's former owner's markings rubbed out and MRL stenciled in
black under the cab.  It really looked like someone used paint thinner
and a power grinder to remove the lettering!

Got stopped in Chebanse on the way back tonight by a NB NS empty potash
extra heading back to the CP.  It was making like Amtrak through town
with the first car in the consist an old TH&B cylindrical hopper.

Bruce

 This is the Illiana Railroad Discussion List.
 For more info visit http://www.railcenter.com/illiana