Hello,

There have been lots of links thrown into the mailing list regarding
issues which we have to contribute and support but we have not been
very effective in doing that. I realized that this might not be
because people are not interested but probably because people don't
know the right strategy to do this.

I would like to share with you a few pointers on how to effectively
promote Free Software Activism indirectly over the internet. This is
in addition to getting directly involved in Free Software events and
activities

Attitude
- Build an attitude of inquisitiveness and collect facts and
information related to the topic
- Be bold and state your opinion in online forums and discuss
- Take initiative to spread the word
- Build a strong online profile for yourself and make your voice be heard.

Tools
- Participate in Online Communities, Mailing Lists
- Use Social Networking Sites for your cause
- Effectively use Social Bookmarking and help the items get public attention
- Blog about the event, activity, activism
- Mail your friends about the item posted in the blog and ask them to
link to you
- Link to other blogs and sites where the topic is being discussed

You can read in detail at
<http://www.thondomraughts.com/2009/01/how-to-promote-activism-over-internet.html>

Cheers
Anoop John

http://www.zyxware.com
http://www.anoopjohn.com
http://www.thondomraughts.com
"Be the change you wish to see in the world", M. K. Gandhi