From: ilug-tvm@googlegroups.com [mailto:ilug-...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of kichus...@gmail.com
Sent: Saturday, January 10, 2009 5:27 PM
To: Free Software Users Group, Trivandrum
Subject: [fsug-tvm] Help needed in Linux installation!

Mine is Intel Pentium4 system with 256 MB RAM, 80 GB SATA Harddisk!
I was using WindowsXP since I bought this system. I attended the FSFS
Conference and I now wish to leave windows forever!
But when I installed Ubuntu 8.04, I faced some difficulties such as I
can't view .gif files, some problem with he videos etc. My friend told
me that Mandriva and Fedora are good since they have more eye candy
and most codecs. But I don't have much configurations to install them
and I can't easily upgrade bcoz the RAM is DDR. Also my internet
connection is already slow but I felt a bit more slow when I installed
Linux.
So Can u specify any distros suitable and effective for my system
configuration.

Longing to migrate to linux!