After the group started off as ilug-tvm,  we  renamed the group to FSUG-
Trivandrum . This was done because it would be much more apt to consider
ourselves as a free software user's group rather than restricting ourself to
GNU/Linux .  FSUG also implies that we are composed of people who use free
software - it need not always be on GNU/Linux. Someone who uses OpenOffice /
Pidgin/ Gimp on other platforms are also using free software.

The website , ilug-tvm was registered before this name change. We will be
moving to fsug-tvm. We still keep the ilug-tvm name because its google page
rank is high. As such , if someone searches for Linux users in trivandrum ,
ilug-tvm turns up among the top results. This helps a lot of people to signup
to this mailinglist. The mailinglist will also be migrated when we make the
move.

I hope i have answered your query :)

Regards,
Ashik S