Hi, I had experienced the same problem when i installed Lenny and
Ubuntu-64 in my system. But i could solve the problem. My laptop also
has nVidia 7150 integrated graphics. When i installed hardy and
intrepid the maximum resolution obtained was 800X600. Editing
configuration files did not help. when i tried to install the driver
obtained from nvidia site according to the instructions given by them
it was not successful. Because without kernel source or kernel headers
that driver cannot be installed. Ubuntu doesnt copy these things while
installing. what i did was i connected to internet and enabled nVidia
driver from the restricted driver manager, it downloaded the driver
from the canonical's repository and installed. You can also search for
the "deb" package and install it manually. latest driver is 177.XX.XX.
But i have with me version 169.XX.XX

--
Cheers, Sajeed. www.whylinuxisbetter.net