All

I came across a problem which appeared strange for me.

The following is my LAPTOP configuration:

   - *Vostro 1000, AMD Athlon 64 X2 TK-57 (1.9GHz/256KB)*
   - *2GB, DDR2, 533MHZ 2 Dimm*

The system setup was showing only 1 GB of RAM. I removed the RAM and
installed it once again. Now the system does not show display and does not
boot.

I interchanged the RAM modules from their respective slots.

Now, the system setup shows 2GB RAM.

When I boot Debian it works perfect showing the 2GB RAM. However, on booting
Windows VISTA it shows me the blue screen.

Any thoughts on this.

   1. How does this works in Debian?
   2. Is one of the RAM module failing?
   3. If yes, Is there any support for DELL in Trivandrum? My laptop I
   beleive the warranty is limited to US. May be it is going to be a paid
   support in India?

Thanks & Regards,
Krishna Kumar