StartUp Manager, or SUM, is a gui tool for changing settings in Grub, Grub2
and Usplash.SUM should work with recent versions of Debian and Debian-based
distributions such as Ubuntu.

sudo apt-get install startupmanager

*StartUp Manager Features*

Grub timeout
Default boot title
Number of kernels in bootloader menu
Enable/disable boot option for memtest86
Enable/disable boot option for “rescue mode”
If the default boot option should be automatically updated
Bootup resolution and color depth
Grub menu colors
Grub menu resolution(Grub2 only)
If Splashy should be loaded from initramfs

Read more............

http://www.ubuntugeek.com/startup-manager-change-settings-in-grub-grub2-and-usplash.html
Regards,

Prasad.S.R

"Many will call me an adventurer - and that I am, only one of a different
sort: one of those who risks his skin to prove his platitudes." -- CHE