Duck and cover! The Chinese are attacking! Ok, may be that is not what
is happening! But at any rate- it is advisable not to probe the
attacker. The best defense on the net for us commoners is to remain
completely stealthy. Trying to probe the attacker will just give away
more data for the attacker to use. Don't risk it unless you are a
security expert. You should consider using a firewall to completely
block any intrusion attempts (Firestarter or iptables). Once you set
up the firewall, you can go to this site to make sure you are
stealthy:

https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

  As for this particular incident, I am not sure what kind of attack
it is, or even if it is an attack (I am not a security expert). And
the chinese characters may not necessarily mean that it is in china.
Anyway, besides firewall- I also recommend that you check your system
for any rootkits (chkrootkit).

Regards,
Gokul Das