Also, try running a bandwidth test at one of the numerous websites (Like http://www.speedtest.net/)

DNS issues can cause delays in site lookup, but the connection itself could become slow if your phone line is noisy.

Kurian

On 05/14/2009 07:04 AM, BINNY THOMAS wrote:
Hi.
I recently moved to Bsnl Dataone 500 c plan from Asianet. I used to
get good download speeds. But all of a sudden I am starting to get
very pathetic speeds. Google's homepage takes about 15 minutes to
completely load.I asked my friends who use the same plan and they seem
to be fine. Its seems I am the only one who is having the  problem. I
had encountered the same problem elsewhere while using Bsnl and
Ubuntu-Intrepid(Thats what I am using now.). The person rectified it
by changing the DNS servers in  Network connections. I have no idea
how to do it.Solution anyone?

Thanks in advance.