Hi,
  You may be right about people joining unintentionally. But there
isn't any problem as long as people don't get bothered by it, is
there? Who knows, they may become interested later. Perhaps, it is
best to tell the user that this is the last preferred method and that
it amounts to leaving the group.

Regards,
Gokul Das