thank you friends for taking more interest: i'll tell some facts from my
side:

   - i'm only a GIMP hobbyist. i've some knowledge in photoshop, from that i
   switched to GIMP.
   - i've a friend who is a professional in photo-shop, maya, and 3dsMax now
   taking some interest in GIMPand Blender. he has more knowledge than me. he
   is at kannur.
   - now he is ready to take class, on GIMP, and it is my wish to give him a
   reasonable fee, otherwise it may create an impression that it not easy to
   get an income from free software field.
   - from my knowledge we've to pay at least RS-2000, for a seminar hall
   with 100 seating capacity. also for rental PCs, it may about 750 to 1000 per
   day(not sure)
   - effort for the cordination is an extra task.
   - from this back ground someboby should take a risk of at least RS-10,000

who will take this risk?
what will be the return for the risk?

i'm sooraj.k(http://www.freedomwalk.in/), telling you that, if at least 5
people give me and an asuarance that we ready to lean GIMP, at .......(just
a place) by expending a fee of RS........: for the two days..........*(that
two days should be a saturday and **sunday**)*

if anybody have more knowldge and experience in coducting such programs can
share their experience and can put their offer.

kasaragod is my home town and i've lot of friends at kannur, that is an
another reason to prefer kannur or kasaragod.

*to shibu nair:

*Demo :  half day programme with a computer and a projector. Can invite
people engaged in DTP and other people having interest, Charge a
registration fee to cover, hall and equipment rent + fee for the expert.

>From my experience, it is not easy to convert the proffessionals, those who
are already established in pirated coppies,
and if we force them it may create a negetive effect.
also most of are not at all ready to spend a single paise of second for
these free software:
myth:
freesoftware=linux
linux is not user friendly, and is suitable only for tallented computer
engineers.
it not suitable, for the work;

they will ask you some more qstns:
why it is free? (they are asking about cost not freedome).
we cannot trust free(cost) products,[{but pirated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![?][?][?]
}]
if they are free and good why there is MS, Autodesk, etc.?

if you answered all these qstns may think, it is going to be a big
success........
but the final statement will...........

all you said is true,
at presant i dont have any problem with my pirated copy and i'm very
comfortable.
also, i've a lot of projects now, so i dont have time switch or to take a
risk.
definitly i'll call you when a problem comes.......

just note that open office is very advanced and user friendly, but nobody is
ready to quit MS-word or Exel.

these are from my experience, and those have different experince pls share
it.