Hello Junise,
Pidgin does not support the Google Video Chat for now.

But there is another nice replacement for Pidgin, by the name Empathy.
It supports Google Video and Voice Chat.

See the following link for more info:
    http://live.gnome.org/Empathy

In Ubuntu, u can install it by the following command:

    sudo apt-get install empathy

It was not included in Jaunty, since it was still much 'untested' as
for then.

Anyway, I use it and find it to be much lighter and feature-rich than
Pidgin.
It has not shown any 'unstable' behaviour till now. Try it out.

Hope it'll be in Karmic (the next Ubuntu release).

--- Anto Jose