Hmmm... I wish I had a medium size network to play around with.
Anyway, I found this tutorial on IPTables- a little easier to digest:
http://ornellas.apanela.com/dokuwiki/pub:firewall_and_adv_routing .
But right now I am a little dizzy. I will try it later and report
anything interesting if I am able to understand it. Meanwhile, do keep
us posted about any progress.

Regards,
Gokul Das