In my perspective it is the most important freedom of a person that is being
breached in China !! And I think that the seriousness of the issue will not
be concieved better than a genuine open source enthusiast. And also in my
opinion such a discussion won't by any means be diluting the purpose of the
forum.

I wanted to address this issue in this forum to point out something: .. Even
thought such pathetic rules are being enacted to such a wide population we
(remaining part of the world) are not able to do "ANYTHING", so isn't it
perfectly possible to make a rule by some stupid government like China that
its citizen's can only use a particular technology/OS for instance? [And
shouldn't we be able to do something about it?]