Welcome to fsug-tvm and congratulations on using GNU/Linux for the first
time.

Now for the update, did you specifically update firefox. I don't believe
their is an option like that.(I  could be  wrong though as I rarely update
anything in Linux). However the best way to update firefox would be to
download the latest  debian package from the mozilla website, remove the old
package and then install the new package.

Regards
Binny