On Sun, 2009-09-13 at 21:50 -0700, Santhosh Thottingal wrote:

> Yeah, I used the Mathrubhumi weekly for the reference of this demo. It
> is with same dimensions and tries to imitate its design that time.

That is good. I have seen some artists preferring CorelDraw to do page
layout.

> Yes.
> Inkscape does not have hyphenation feature. May be because it is not a
> DTP software.
> I have a half baked hyphenation plugin for inkscape(in working
> condition). It is based on the same patterns I prepared for
> Openoffice. I hope I can release it soon.

Oh, that is really good. I guess then we can suggest Inkscape as an
option for page layout.

> AFAIK, hyphenation is done manually in existing DTP softwares for
> Malayalam.

I see. That is news for me.

> The space between the lines can be configured easily in Inkscape

Yes, of course. My worry was only about the space between words,
primarily because of lack of hyphenation.

Best
--
V. Sasi Kumar
Free Software Foundation of India