On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 2:44 PM, Sajjad Anwar <sajja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> Just wanted to let you know that, for the first time, the technical festival
> series of NIT-C, Tathva 09, is taking FOSS into it. There are a stream of
> events under the flag (visit the website).

Great.  Kudos to Organisors

> They had pinged fsug-calicut for community support since they realize FOSS
> is living in the community.

NITC students realized it long back and that is the whole spirit of
Organising f...@nitc every year . And it is good to know that
usergroup is supporting a fest this year. If remember correctly  FSUG
Calicut was a collaborator in last f...@nitc .it is always advised to
take legitimate claims .

> Hence this request to promote and invite
> everyone to the event.

> We could just make this time having a lot of
> unconferences like we usually do with other events all around.

> Infact, in my terms, the most attractive event is the Mapping Party. This is
> a community initiative to map the entire NIT-C campus and the regions around
> it to the OpenStreetMap. More details on this would be found at
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/NITC_mapping_party
> Do create a login to the wiki and add your names to the participants list.

Happy to See Geokers as a collaborator for this event