> 2009/10/10 .Keralafarmer <chandrasekharan.n...@gmail.com>
>
> ജിപിആര്‍എസ് ഉപയോഗിച്ച് ഉബുണ്ടു 9.04 -ല്‍ യുഎസ്ബി വഴി നെറ്റ് കണക്ട്
> ആകുന്നു.
> എന്നാല്‍ ബ്ലൂടൂത്ത് പ്രവര്‍ത്തിക്കുന്നില്ല. സഹായിക്കുക.
@ .Keralafarmer
hope the bluetooth is working in your computerDo you see a bluetooth
icon in the notification corner of your desktop?if so can you send
files to your phone by right clicking it?

i am using my nokia 2600c to connect via aircel gprs using bluetooth.

for doing this i needed to edit two files:

/etc/bluetooth/rfcomm.conf

and

/etc/wvdial.conf

for both you need super user permissions,
So press Alt+F2 and enter 'gksu gedit' to open gedit as super user.

IN the below file to find the Bluetooth address of the device for your
mobile phone,Right click the bluetooth icon and choose to "browse
files" now you will find a similar number in location bar of your file
browser.

open /etc/bluetooth/rfcomm.conf from gedit and edit it to look like follows:

#
# RFCOMM configuration file.
#

rfcomm0 {
        # Automatically bind the device at startup
        bind yes;

         #Bluetooth address of the device
        device 00:24:7D:61:6C:91;

         #RFCOMM channel for the connection
        channel 1;

         #Description of the connection
        comment "Srihari's nokia 2600";
}

Now for aircel gprs connection the wvdial.conf file can be edited as:
for other networks please replace aircelgprs with the access point of
your mobile network provider.
open /etc/wvdial.conf in gedit
and edit to look like:

[Dialer Defaults]
Init1 = AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","aircelgprs"
Init2 = ATQ
Phone = *99***1#
Username = " "
Password = " "
New PPPD = yes
Modem = /dev/rfcomm0
Baud = 460800

Once this is set up you can restart the bluetoth daemon by typing in
the terminal:

sudo /etc/init.d/bluetooth restart

to get connected open terminal and type:

sudo wvdial

Please tell me if it worked or what went wrong,

Regards,
Srihari K