On Sun, 2009-10-25 at 20:38 +0530, Shino Jacob wrote:
> <quote>
> But that won't make it Free (as in Freedom).
> </quote>
> do they really have to? I dont think so. IMO there is no harm in
> having  such softwares, for GNU/linux or any other kind of free
> (and/or) open source OS's,  which proprietary in nature.

In that case, of course, there wouldn't be anything wrong in having
Microsoft Office or Oracle. In that case, of course, there wouldn't be
any need for campaigning for Free Software. Well, let people use
whatever they want, what is the harm? By extension, why should we work
for Open Access or Free Knowledge? Well, I don't think that way. Those
who think that way are, of course, free to do so.

Best
--
V. Sasi Kumar
http://swatantryam.blogspot.com