<http://www.ilug-tvm.org>@ Sebin
Thanks for taking time for explaining things.

I've already visited the links you gave. Its explaining how to upgrade to
grub2 and to configure it. So I thought that archlinux is currently using
the old grub, and that article is giving instructing the users to upgrade to
grub2.

In that page 'grub.cfg' is shown editable (i assume nano is text editor for
archlinux), which is exactly the thing I want.
*>> # nano /boot/grub/grub.cfg*
I just want to know, Has anyone in this group tried editing it?*
*

Ubuntu (or grub2 ?) prevents editing it. I cant edit it, even as root.

I didn't know much about the 'rolling release' thing...thanks for explaining
that.
Next time my installation crashes I'll try archlinux.

Once again, thanks a lot...

Regards
Adhin