On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 4:11 PM, sunil s <sunils1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't think squid is meant for one system
> If internet is shared to the network through the squid proxy we can control
> a lot of things.  Pls take a note of the squid.conf ie. bandwidth usage,
> host based blocking for particular time periods.
> There may be some web administration tools which can be used as a front end
> for squid

@ sunil s
Read clearly what I have written. Ineed to configure just one pc. I
think squid will load my pc a lot if I configure it.

My requirements
1. Restrict viewing flv videos in browser. (I dont want to uninstall
the codec, as there may be some serious tutorial videos to be viewed).
2. Log every website visited. (The office staff is deleting the
history. I just checked the browser cache folder to know why this much
internet usage and found a lot of videos and pictures).

Junise Safvan

www.gnuise.co.cc

9746 283 383