> My processor is heating up more when it runs on ubuntu desktop.........the
> sound of fan can be heard loudly even outside my room...am having a nvidia
> geforce grphics card .....what could be the problem.........

Please run a CPU monitor software such as top or even
gnome-system-monitor to see what applications are
over-consuming the CPU.
Try doing a sudo pkill <app> and see if that helps.
Please use some caution using pkill, and don't kill an
app that you want running like the Xorg  :)

--
Regards,
Yadu Nand B