Dear all,
I am new to linux world though i have been using computers from the age of
MS-DOS to Vista.
I want to buy a laser printer for printing a lot of pdf files and binding
into books.
My rquirements are
1. It should bw GNU/Linux compatible
2.Should have low running cost , ie low cost per page and low maintenance
cost.

I have in mind HP 1007 and canon 2900. Although i knew that hp is
linux-compatible, the hp customer care told me that 1007 will not work in
linux. so i am confused.Also a computer dealer told me that hp 1007 wont
print more than 700 pages per refill and canon prints around 2500. But
canon's site says it is 2000 pages.
What about your opinions about lexmark, samsung and xerox laser printers? Is
the capacity of the original cartridge (that comes in the printer) less than
that of the replacement cartridge?
So please guide me in this matter. I think the many hardware experts and
experienced users of this 1200 member group can advice me on this.
Thanks in advance
Raj Kamal.