On 12/6/09, girish d <giris...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear friends,
>
> I want to install linux in my desktop. Is it better to install the
> linux OS inside windows or along with windows? Which is better option?
> In case we install it inside windows, then should we install it in C-
> drive or any other special drive.
>
> I would like to also know which among the linux OS is better. That is,
> with more features, visual appeal and also user friendly.

@Girish,
It seems you have been using windows
So before actually trying out any GNU/Linux , it is best that you read
some introduction to GNU/Linux .This will help you to easily switch
from Windows.Otherwise you may find difficulties and thinking there is
no solution,return back to Windows.So if you are seriously INTERESTED
in using Gnu/Linux i think you must spare some five minutes here:

http://www.getgnulinux.org/  (it is simple and brief).

Best of luck
Srihari K