On 12/20/09, Vipin <vipinsw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hai,
> i have installed 9.10 amd64.My processor is amd athlon.Problem is,i
> inslalled nvidia-glx-185 after this i can'nt use GUI.only a flickering
> console is available.I Entred to the recovery mode and unistalled the
> nvidia driver but that not solved the problem.also i googled i got a
> help that is try dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg,but i cant
> restore the xorg.conf .Can any one help me.
> thanks advance
> vipin

Vipin i had a similar problem yesterday,
I installed fglrx driver for my ATI card on my intel mother board.I
have 9.04 and i got only a bad display at startup .(no terminal no
gdm)
I got into recovery mode in the root shell i uninstalled fglrx. but
this did not fix my problem.

So while next booting i saw that DKMS was loading some fglrx module.

**i got into recovery terminal typed apt-get remove fglrx and pressed
tab.. and i got something like apt-get remove fglrx-kernel-source
..uninstalled that and my problem was fixed.**
Told you the whole story just in case it helps.
Best of luck

--
Srihari K