On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 7:47 PM, Adhin D <mejaithekni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 4:55 PM, prakreet <vipinmatth...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Sorry.. i forgot to mention my graphics conf.. I am using an intel
>> original mobo with intel g33 chipset. i only have the integrated
>> graphics on my mobo and no graphics card...
>
> Edit your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file. Open terminal & type
> sudo gedit /etc/X11/xorg.conf
> & enter following line
> Modes        "1024x768"
> under Section "Screen", SubSection "Display"
>
> save & close the file. Then logout & login

@ Prakreet

A better solution.

Switch to the text only mode by pressing alt+f1

Enter your username and password there

Now backup the original xorg.conf file using the command
<code>sudo mv /etc/X11/xorg.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf.bkup1</code>

Enter the following command to stop the current display (which is
running in the background)
<code>sudo /etc/init.d/gdm stop</code>

Enter the following command to create a new xorg.conf (which has the
name xorg.conf.new and will be residing in the home folder)
<code>sudo Xorg -configure</code>

Now copy the newly created xorg configuration file to the X11 folder
<code>sudo cp ~/xorg.conf.new /etc/X11/xorg.conf</code>

Start gdm
<code>sudo /etc/init.d/gdm start</code>

After login check whether your resolution is increased or not. Also
check the resolution settings in Systems>Preferences

Junise Safvan

www.gnuise.co.cc

9746 283 383