Dear friends,
We are very happy to tell you about the first program organized by
fsug-kasaragod.

The program was held this republic day at Government High School
Chandrigiri,Melparamba.An install-fest and interaction with students were
planned.Allan Shaji,Saket,Sreedeep,Srihari(All from LBS College of
Engineering) and  Jayan(Kanhangad) were present.Though the response of
public to install fest was almost zero,the response from the students was
great.Sreedeep started the interaction with students talking about basic
concepts of freedom.Allan shaji then told the students about scope of free&
open source software.Srihari spoke about spirit of being a community and
sharing knowledge.Students were also introduced to mailing list and other
ways to reach the others in the community.It was sad to note that they were
not allowed accessing internet from their lab till Xth standard.Saket then
demonstrated Linux mint Desktop and explained "freedom of choice".Jayan now
called for an interactive session from interested students.Almost all the
students stayed back to ask the team about sending files via blue
tooth,browsing internet,using web-cam and whatever they thought a computer
could do.

Though we did not have any response from the public,we were definitely
satisfied with the response of the students.And we look forward for more
interaction with them.

We had sent the news report to local editions of newspapers.The news was not
published.But telling all of you friends will make it up for us.

Slightly out of topic:the initiator of this event was notoriously absent(we
haven't yet verified the alibi he gave us).

Regards,
FSUG KSD & FSUG-LBS